· Transport Minister, Gopal Rai on Wednesday said the department would soon hold a meeting with the MCD, environment department and other concerned departments to decide an action plan for the implementation of the National Green Tribunal (NGT) order.
· Mr Rai said the transport department will conduct an open reality check on 10 year-old and five year-old diesel vehicles from 21st April at Burari Authority. Target of testing 100 commercial vehicles daily has been set.
· The minister said the transport department has successfully started the registration of e-rickshaws. Two e-rickshaws have been successfully registered at Loni and Raja Garden.
· Simplified procedure for registration of e-rickshaws has been framed and pamphlets in Hindi have been printed giving information about the registration process.
· Till date 24,441 learning licenses have been issued by the transport department. 22984 PSV applications have been received, 21833 applications have been forwarded for police verification, and 782 applications have been received after police verification.
· Delhi Finance Corporation has also agreed to provide loans for the retro fitment required to be carried out in the e-rickshaw prior to registration. The loan will be available at 13% reducing rate and will be for a period of two years.
· Mr Rai said that transport department has approved seven models for new e-rickshaws. Once the manufacturers appoint the dealers for sale of the e-rickshaws, interested persons can also purchase new e-rickshaw and get them registered
· Government of Delhi is also forwarding a proposal to MoRTH Government of India for relaxation of the cut of date of 30th November 2014 for registration of existing E-rickshaws. Around 20,000 E-rickshaw owners are likely to be benefited through this relaxation.