- PEOPLE OF DELHI CELEBRATE 69TH INDEPENDENCE DAY
- SH ARVIND KEJRIWAL DELIVERS MAIDEN INDEPENDENCE DAY SPEECH AS DELHI CM
- CM OUTLINES GOVERNMENT ACHIEVEMENTS OF FIRST SIX MONTHS IN OFFICE
- CHIEF MINISTER OF DELHI SHRI ARVIND KEJRIWAL UNFURLS TRI-COLOUR ON 69THINDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATED AT CHHATRASAL STADIUM
- MY TOP PRIORITY IS TO PROVIDE QUALITY EDUCATION & HEALTH TO EVERY CITIZEN – SHRI ARVIND KEJRIWAL
- 02 CRORES AAM AADMI OF DELHI ARE CHIEF MINISTER NOT ME – SHRI KEJRIWAL.
- MY PRIORITY IS TO GIVE BEST EDUCATION & HEALTH FACILITIES TO ALL FOR THE BETTER FUTURE OF THE COUNTRY THAT IS WHY WE HAVE DOUBLED THE BUDGET OF EDUCATION & INCREASED THE HEALTH BUDGET.
- APPEALS TO CITIZENS SERVE THE NATION WITH DEVOTION, HONESTY AND TRUTHFULNESS
- WE ARE FULFILLING THE DREAMS OF PEOPLE – CHIEF MINISTER
- OUR GOVERNMENT HAS GIVEN RELIEF TO THE PEOPLE BY REDUCING THE ELECTRICITY TARIFF TO THE HALF AND BY PROVIDING 25000 LITERS FREE WATER TO EACH FAMILY PER MONTH.
- DELHI GOVERNMENT WILL FURTHER REDUCE THE ELECTRICITY TARIFF.
- FROM CHIEF MINISTER TO MINISTERS AND FROM CHIEF SECRETARY TO THE SECRETARIES OF ALL THE DEPARTMENTS & OFFICERS ARE TIRELESSLY WORKING DAY & NIGHT FOR THE WELFARE OF THE PEOPLE WITH SINCERITY AND HONESTY – SHRI KEJRIWAL.
- GOVERNMENT WILL GIVE RS 05 LAKH COMPENSATION TO EACH FAMILY OF THE PERSON KILLED IN 1984 RIOTS WITH THE HELP OF CENTRE GOVERNMENT, 1STCHEQUE OF COMPENSATION WILL BE DISBURSED THROUGH THE HOME MINISTER- CHIEF MINISTER.
- WE WILL ENSURE CLEANING YAMUNA IN DELHI UNDER YAMUNA ACTION PLAN & WILL DEVELOP ITS SURROUNDINGS OF THIS LIFE LINE OF DELHI – SHRI KEJRIWAL
- 1000 AAM AADMI CLINICS WILL BE OPENED IN DIFFERENT PARTS OF DELHI FOR PROVIDING HEALTH FACILITIES TO THE POOR PEOPLE.
- GOVERNMENT IS ABLE TO REDUCE THE PRICES OF PULSES BY CRACK DOWN ON THE HOARDERS.
- EVERY DELHI STUDENTS MAY RECEIVE RS 10 LAKH LOAN TO PURSUE HIGHER EDUCATION WITHOUT ANY GUARANTEE.
- GOVERNMENT HAS PROVIDED HISTORIC CROP COMPENSATION TO FARMERS @ RS 50,000/- PER HECTARE.
- CHIEF MINISTER GIVES MEDALS TO 03 OFFICERS OF TIHAR JAIL FOR BEST SERVICES & JEEVAN RAKSHA PADAK TO SHRI VIJAY KUMAR SINGH POSTHUMOUSLY & TO MS. MAHIKA GUPTA FOR BRAVERY.
New Delhi: 15/08/2015
Chief Minister of Delhi, Shri Arvind Kejriwal today led the Delhiites in celebrating the 69th Independence Day in a state level function organized by Delhi Government at Chhatrasal Stadium by unfurling the Tricolour National Flag. While hoisting the flag the chief minister paid rich tributes to countless freedom fighters whose supreme sacrifices made it possible for the country to be an independent republic.
He inspected the parade at Chhatrasal stadium and after the inspecting of the parade led by ACP Richa Tomar and receiving the guard of honour, Mr Kejriwal delivered his maiden Independence Day address as the Delhi Chief Minister.
The CM presented his dream of a corruption-free world-class city in New Delhi and wove it with the idea of India whose freedom our forefathers fought for. He commended the citizens of Delhi for choosing a government which was made of people from amongst them. He said, “I’m meeting Delhi’s citizens 24 hours a day and we have made finally made government responsive and accessible to the people. People have told me that no government in Independent India has done as much work as we have in our first 6 months. This gives me immense happiness that corruption-free politics has led to truly great governance.”
On the occasion, he said, “In 1947, we received independence from our English masters. Now we have to free our country from corruption, communalism, criminality, casteism and violence against women. Many of the promises made and vows taken for the country by our forefathers at the time of Independence are still not fulfilled. I resolve that the Aam Aadmi Party, the Delhi Government and I will personally ensure that the socio-political-economic dream seen by Gandhi ji will come true.”
Talking about policy decisions and administrative reforms, Mr Kejriwal said, “We have given the citizens of Delhi responsive, accountable, efficient, effective and transformative governance because the people in our government are honest. Budgets and plans are never in short-supply in government, only honest intentions are! And that we have changed in Delhi. And the results are for everyone to see.”
Listing specific achievements of the government in six months, he said “We have doubled the education budget and made healthcare budget 1.5 times to improve the state of our government schools and hospitals. 500 new schools will be built and 1000 new Aam Aadmi Clinics will provide dynamic primary healthcare at your doorstep. This will ensure that our children are healthy and well-education and can become whatever they want. Our government has reduced electricity bills by half and yet availability has improved. Historic and unprecedented farmer compensation of Rs. 50,000 per hectare was given to farmers who were subject to unseasonal rain crop loss. It is clear: we are spending our budget and time on the people, who are the real growth engines of our democracy.”
He appreciated the dynamic and interesting new projects taken up to increase water availability, address water scarcity, conduct rainwater harvesting and the rapid speed in which every colony, village, settlement, cluster and area of Delhi is being covered by water and sewage pipeline. He also laid out his vision for River Yamuna and appreciated efforts by efforts on Delhi Government and Union Government’s side to cooperate on this issue.
Underlining the key issue of cooperative federalism, the CM requested the central government to help him conduct the affairs of the state and not become a hurdle or obstacle to Delhi’s progress due to political vendettas.
In an appeal to the Prime Minister and Union Home Minister, he said, “There should be a cordial working arrangement between Delhi’s CM and the PM and decisions about Delhi’s growth and development should be subject to the citizens of Delhi. I will request them to speeden up the process of the compensation for 1984 Sikh riot victims, renew power agreements with Delhi so that Delhi’s citizens receive cheaper electricity and cooperate with the transformative Delhi Government for the benefit of its 2 crore citizens.”
Mr Kejriwal said, “ I will also remind them that Governments are the institutions who make a country grow. Democracy means the rule of the people and it is by the people, for the people and of the people. It is important that, once again, government remembers this fact. It is the people who pursue growth and development. And I will leave no stone unturned to ensure that Delhi’s citizens are happy, healthy and trained for the work that they’ll have to do to fulfill the dreams of our forefathers.
Chief Minister gave away medals to 03 officers of Tihar Jail, Shri Dhiraj Mathur, Shri Shivli Ram Meen and Sh Hosiyar Singh for commendable services & Jeevan Raksha Padak to Shri Vijay Kumar Singh posthumously & to little girl Mahika Gupta for bravery
The programme concluded with a devotional rendition by the citizens of Delhi and their Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal singing “Insaan ka Insaan se Ho Bhaichaara”.