- STATE STEERING COMMITTEE OF DELHI APPROVES REVISED INSTITUTE DEVELOPMENT PLAN OF SEVEN ITIS TO IMPART QUALITY TRAINING IN ITI TRAININGS
- THE STEERING COMMITTEE ALSO REVIEWED PROGRESS OF THE INSTITUTE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEES COVERED UNDER THE SCHEME OF UP GRADATION OF GOVERNMENT ITIS UNDER PPP
New Delhi: 16/10/2015
In a high level meeting of State Steering Committee convened by its chairperson Ms. Punya S. Srivastva, who also happens to be the Secretary (TTE) of Delhi Government reviewed the progress of the Institute Management Committees (IMCs) of 9 out of 17 ITIs of Delhi covered under the Scheme of up-gradation of Government ITIs under Public Private Partnership.
The meeting was attended by the representatives of DGT, GOI Sh. Ramesh Babu Dy. Director Training and Sh. Yoginder Kumar, Training Officer and representatives of Industry partners viz. M/s Tata Motors Ltd, M/s IPGC Ltd, M/s National Thermal Power Corporation, M/s North Delhi Power Ltd, M/s V&S International, M/s Shiela Foam Ltd., M/s FCS Sofware Solution Pvt. Ltd.
The Chairperson emphasized about the quality training at ITIs as per the requirement of the Industry and desired that the training should be demand driven as the Industry Partners are well aware to the demand and supply of the ITI Graduates in the industry.
She also assured the Chairmen/Chairpersons of the IMCs to cooperate in all manners in regards to improve the training standards for imparting the quality training to the trainees of ITIs enabling to generate the skilled manpower for the industry of the country and abroad as well. Also desired to hold the regular meetings of the State Steering Committee to review/monitor the progress of the IMCs.
The committee also approved the revised Institute Development Plan (IDP) of 7 ITIs which was required due to certain changes and amended guidelines for implementation of the Scheme “Up-gradation of Government ITIs through PPP” and keeping in view to impart the quality training in the ITIs. The following approvals were given:
· The Chairman of IMC/Industry partner of ITI Narela will be M/S Tata Motors Ltd., Up-gradation of 14 NCVT trades,
· Up-gradation of 7 trades of ITI Mayur Vihar, Introduction of new trades like Electrician, plumber, welder etc.,
· Introduction of 5 new trades at ITI Sirifort, up-gradation of 2 trades from SCVT to NCVT,
· Up-gradation of 2 trades of ITI Malviya Nagar from SCVT to NCVT,
· At IMC Jaffarpur, Introduction of 8 new NCVT trades, up-gradation of 8 NCVT trades.
· At ITI Jahangirpuri, upgradation of 2 trades welder & COPA from SCVT to NCVT, 3 new trades e.g., Mechanic Auto Electrician and Electronics, COPA etc.
· At ITI Nand Nagri, upgradation of 3 trades electrician, Ref & AC, COPA and introduction of new trade Mech. Auto Electricals and Electronics.
In collaboration with Tata Motors proposal for development of Driving Training School will be explored at ITI Narela.
Further, in collaboration with industry partners possibility of setting up production centres at ITI Mayur Vhiar and ITI Jaffarpur will be explored, so that the students in addition to real time technical skills imbibe entrepreneurial capabilities.
Secretary (TTE) Ms. Punya S. Srivastva and Director Training & Technical Education, Shri Manoj Kumar committed for effective implementation of the scheme of Up-gradation of Government ITIs through PPP in Delhi so that the skilled manpower can be made available for the industry and desired the regular interaction of Industry and IMCs for the success of Scheme.