Directorate of Information & Publicity
Government of NCT of Delhi
20th February 2015
- Delhi government to start the process for plying of e-rickshaws in the national capital by initiating licensing and registration camps from Monday
- The government is committed to ensure last mile connectivity and environment friendly e-rickshaws in the national capital.
- Delhi government will speak to the central government if required, to remove all bottlenecks in the way of plying e-rickshaws on Delhi roads.
- The new government wants e-rickshaws to ply legally and under regulations, but poor drivers must not be harassed.
- State government will look into regulated fares and roads on which these e-rickshaws can ply.
The transport department, Govt. of Delhi will organize facilitation camps for issuing learners licences, PSV (Public Service Vehicle) badges and registration of e-rickshaws between February 23-28 this month. These camps will be organised in the Transport Authority offices at 13 locations namely – Mall Road, IP Depot, Sheikh Sarai, Wazirpur, Mayur Vihar, Surajmal Vihar, Raja Garden, Rohini, Janakpuri, Palam, Vasant Vihar, Loni and AR Unit Burari.
The timing for these camps will between 10 Am to 4 PM everyday. Transport minister Mr Gopal Rai will be inspecting the camps to supervise smooth functioning of these camps.
All the e-rickshaw owners and drivers may contact the respective Motor Licensing offices and fill up the learner licences and PSV Badge application forms in these camps. Assistance will be provided for filling up the application forms and oral tests will be conducted.
The application fees for learner licences has been fixed at Rs 30. The documents required are – physical fitness (form-1), Medical certificate, proof of residence, proof for date of birth like voter identity card and photographs.
In case of any query, e-rickshaw drivers/owners can contact the helpline number 011-42400400.