Food & Civil Supplies Department gears up for the festive season
Food and Civil Supplies Minister Mr Imran Hussain on Friday reviewed the preparedness of the department for the coming festive season in a meeting with senior officials, including the Commissioner (Food and Civil Supplies) and the Delhi State Civil Supplies Corporation (DSCSC).
The Minister emphasized that the Delhi Government is committed to provide Specified Food Articles (SFAs) to the targeted sections of the society in a time-bound manner and the Department needs to gear-up efforts to provide wheat, rice and sugar to the eligible people, particularly in view of forthcoming festive season in a transparent manner. He also stressed on the need to resolve public grievances related to Public Distribution System in a timely and expeditious manner.
Mr Hussain directed the Department to focus on major thrust areas including:-
1) Timely opening and closing of Fair Price Shops (FPSs) i.e. 9.00 AM to 1.00 PM and 3.00 PM to 7.00 PM in accordance with existing orders of F&S Deptt.
2) (a) Display of Notice Board at all the FPSs informing about License-Name and No. of Authority Letter, Stock as on date, Rates of commodities, Sample of SFAs, Timing of FPS, Weekly off day, Complaint register, Complaint No. etc., within 7 days. In case the display is already available, photographs of the same may be furnished.
(b) The Notice Board shall also clearly mention the details for lodging complaints like location/address of offices, procedure of filing complaints,details of officers to be contacted etc.
3) Compulsory maintenance of Complaint Register at all the FPSs.
4) Details of the inspections of Stock Register, Sales Register, Master Register, Cash Memos carried out by NFS beneficiaries ( if any) to be submitted online on fortnightly basis.
5) Convening of regular Public Hearings by all the FSOs in their Circles and ACs in their Districts on 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month between 2.00 PM to 5.00 PM for resolving the public grievances expeditiously and online submission of the minutes by subsequent Tuesdays on the F&S Department’s website.
6) Regular convening of Vigilance Committee meetings at Circle, District and State level and submission of minutes of the meetings chaired by the Hon’ble MLA/Hon’ble MP and Hon’ble Minister.