Delhi Government Launches a First-of-its Kind App to crackdown on Air Pollution
- Click photographs to report vehicular, construction pollution & burning of leaves
- MCD teams to take prompt action & maintain database of polluted spots
- Sanitation inspectors to be fined if complaints are not addressed properly
- App can be easily downloaded from the Google play store on your mobile phone
Dated : 09/11/2016
To combat the current air pollution situation, the Delhi Government on Wednesday launched the Swachh Delhi App to empower citizens for complaining against garbage/dry leaves burning in the open and polluting vehicles.
Deputy Chief Minister, Delhi, Shri Manish Sisodia launched the App in presence of his cabinet colleagues Shri Satyendar Jain, Shri Imran Hussain and Chief Secretary of Delhi Shri KK Sharma.
Swachh Delhi App is now available on Google Play Store and it can be easily downloaded on any mobile smart phone. Citizens can send photographs of any violations mentioned above which directly cause air pollution (PLEASE FIND ATTACHED ENTIRE DETAILS ABOUT THE APP ALONG WITH THIS PRESS RELEASE).
The government will be monitoring the complaints on a daily basis throughout the winter season.
Shri Sisodia said that this decision was taken by the Delhi Government following a high level meeting with the hon’ble Lieutenant Governor, the Centre and other stakeholders during recent meetings to tackle air pollution in the Capital.
“Now citizens of Delhi can capture images of offending vehicles causing air pollution and other related activities like burning of leaves, plastic and old tyres, unattended garbage dumps and also construction waste. This will be forwarded to the concerned department and teams will be immediately dispatched to resolve the problem,” said Shri Sisodia.
“We need the help of our citizens for tackling this problem at the ground level. Sanitary inspectors will supervise this procedure. This is why this App will be very useful. In fact, if any issue is not resolved properly then the sanitation inspectors will be asked for an official explanation.
“A fine will be imposed on them which they will be have to pay from their own salary. We are finalizing legalities to ensure an SDM oversees this entire process,” the Deputy Chief Minister said.
The Urban Development department will track important statistics and data like how many complaints are being lodged and which areas have maximum complaints. Senior officials have been roped in to keep a strict eye on how their field staff is responding to these complaints.
The salient features of App. is as under:-
– Any citizen can access on this App through Google Play Store.
– The main thrust of the App is air pollution viz burning of garbage & leaves, industrial & traffic pollution and dust pollution due to construction & demolition waste.
– The citizen after capturing the picture of garbage/malba/any kind of pollution can send to “Swachh Delhi App”. The complaint will be received through registered mobile no. with unique ID at central monitoring system in Urban Development Department and the complaint will be forwarded to concerned agencies for immediate redressal. An auto generated message will also be provided to the complainant through software.
– Two dedicated staff has also been deployed in UD Department for prompt forwarding to complaints to concerned agencies from 8.00 A.M. to 8.00 P.M.
– The Dy. C.M. will monitor the status on daily basis and through weekly meeting continuous and comprehensive evaluation be done for effective use of App.