New Delhi 10/11/2016
EWS/DG category admissions for the session 2016-17 through computerized draw of lots.
For the last five years, Private Unaided Recognized Schools have been admitting children under EWS/DG category by conducting draw of lots manually. Though the Directorate of Education has been issuing detailed guidelines/ instructions every year for conduct of EWS/DG Category students and observers used to be appointed for each & every school for conduct of such manual lottery process.
Taking the EWS/DG Category admissions as one of the prime concerns and with a view to bring a systemic change aiming at overhauling the entire admission procedure of EWS/DG category, a complete online portal was designed in-house and computerized draw of lots system was implemented in a very short time for the EWS/DG Category admissions at the entry level for the session 2016-17.
- For this online admission process, 1159 schools recognized under DSEAR, 1973 were considered and a total of 28193 EWS/DG vacancies were declared at the beginning by the respective schools on the online module of the department which was based on the total estimated seats.
- For these EWS/DG category seats, 73059 online applications were received by the department.
- Later, on the basis of actual General Category admissions reported by the respective schools, EWS/DG category seats (according to the ration 3:1) comes out to be 23571.
- Out of these 23571 seats, 19160 admissions under EWS/DG category have already been done through two rounds of centralized computerized lottery.
- Thereafter, 5496 EWS/DG category vacancies were left for the third round of computerized draw of lots, out of which, there was no remaining online application for 2265 vacancies.
- Therefore, third round of computerized draw of lots was conducted on 26/10/2016 for 3231 vacancies.
- During the third round of draw of lots, 2941 candidates have been allotted in various Private Unaided Schools for admission under EWS/DG category at their entry level for the session 2016-17.
The successful candidates of third draw of lots have been given time till 15th November, 2016 to take admission in the respective schools. The result has been uploaded on the departmental websitewww.edudel.nic.in. Messages (both in English and Hindi) have also been sent on the registered mobile numbers of the successful applicants.
In this context, it has to be clarified that as reported in one of the Newspapers recently that “around 11000 vacancies are still vacant” is wrong and without supportive evidence/documents.
There are approximately 2500 EWS/DG category vacancies left after the third round of draw of lots in various Private Unaided Recognized Schools of Delhi at their entry level. These remaining vacancies cannot be attributed to the online system but these are mainly because there is no online application remaining for the said vacancies.
The online admission system for EWS/DG Category students has made the system fair & transparent. It has saved on the time & cost of going to various schools and submitting various applications and then several further rounds till the admission takes place. The Computerized draw of lots has checked the malpractices to a large extent and has made the monitoring much more effective.
|Total EWS/DG vacancies as declared at the beginning by the respective schools on the online module of the department based on the total estimated seats.||28193|
|EWS/DG seats calculated on formula 1:3 taking into account actual general category admissions.||23571|
|Total applications received online||73059|
|Admissions reported by respective schools in respect of candidates allotted during two rounds of centralized computerized lottery.||19160|
|Total number of remaining EWS/DG category vacancies for third round of computerized draw of lots.||5496|
|Number of vacancies against which no remaining online applications.||2265|
|Actual Number of vacancies on which third draw was conducted.||3231|
|Total number of successful candidates allotted during third draw.||2941|