- Lt. Governor Shri Anil Baijal and Chief Minister Shri Arvind Kejriwal inaugurate 10 Skill Development Centres in Night Shelters.
- Lt. Governor appreciates Delhi Government for its efforts for making people employable.
- Shri Kejriwal expresses his heart felt gratitude & thanks to the Lt. Governor.
- Chief Minister inaugurates a Mohalla Clinic and a Recreation Centre for the senior citizens at the Community Centre at 12thBlock, Tilak Nagar.
- The Chief Minister also inaugurated the Shaheed Smriti Udyan near CRPF camp at Tilak Nagar.
New Delhi: 10/01/2017
Lt. Governor, Delhi Shri Anil Baijal inaugurated the 10 Skill Development Centres in the presence of Chief Minister, Shri Arvind Kejriwal in a function at Night Shelter at Tilak Nagar in West Delhi today.
Shri Baijal inaugurated all the 10 Skill Development Centres from the above venue by pushing the button on the computer, opening the Centres at Raja Garden for Basic Sewing Operator, Parda Bagh for Beauty Culture, Sarai Kale Khan for Basic Sewing Operator, Fateh Puri for Plumbing, Chabi Ganj for Plumbing, Yamuna Bazar for Basic Electrical, Tilak Nagar for Basic Electrical, Regar Pura Karol Bagh for Asstt. Cook, A-Block Motia Khan for Basic Electrical, Multani Dhanda for Plumbing
The function was attended by Minister of Urban Development, Shri Satyendar Jain, Area MLA, Shri Jarnail Singh, CEO DUSIB, Sh. V.K. Jain and Director, Technical Education Shri Manoj Kumar and other senior officers of the Government.
The Lt. Governor appreciated the effort of Delhi Government for making people employable by providing them an opportunity making them skilled and earning their livelihood. He said that it is a good beginning and good initiative of the Government. Shri Baijal said “this is my first public function and I feel happy to be the part of this function.”
Shri Kejriwal expressed his heart-felt thanks and gratitude to the Lt. Governor for attending the function and encouraging the Government for taking up the projects relating to the welfare of the people.
Thereafter Shri Kejriwal inaugurated a Mohalla Clinic and Recreation Centre for the senior citizens at the Community Centre at 12th Block, Tilak Nagar.
The Chief Minister also inaugurated the Shaheed Smriti Udyan near CRPF camp at Tilak Nagar.
Appreciating the efforts of the DUSIB Shri Kejriwal said that DUSIB has done marvellous work for providing skill to the people living in night shelters. He said that the Government is doing a lot for the welfare of the people such as opening of toilet blocks, mohalla clinics and public parks in the different parts of the capital.