MCD में बदलाव को,
आप का वोट AAP को।
First things first.
My name is Roshan Shankar and I work as an Advisor in the Delhi Government and also work actively with the political executive i.e. the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), both of which are led by Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal. I hold a double Masters degree in Engineering and Public Policy at Stanford University focusing on economic, monetary and national security policy in my degree in Public Policy.
Without much ado, first of all, I would like to thank you – Yes You – for volunteering for the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in the recently concluded Punjab and Goa elections. Mere words are not enough to thank you for the hard-work, sweat and toil that you put in. Even though the election results were not as expected; it is a testament to the strength of the revolution that is AAP, that within 4 years of forming a political party, we are already running a government in one state and are a strong, credible opposition in another.
Even if you did not volunteer for the AAP or detest the mere mention of AAP and Arvind Kejriwal, I would like to thank you from the core of my heart for bearing with us through thick and thin and for, always, voicing your criticism openly and without fear of persecution.
As we move ahead, the next challenge that lies in front of us is the upcoming MCD election in Delhi on 23rd April 2017, where we have to defeat the corrupt BJP and Congress who have hollowed out the MCD and have caused distress to the citizens of Delhi for the past 15-20 years.
And we need your help in running our election campaign.
As you already know, the real strength of the AAP is its volunteers and this time we have to decisively defeat the corrupt and lackadaisical model of governance and politics offered by the twin-head of BJP and Congress & to provide “complete” governance to the citizens of Delhi, as a majority of day-to-day cradle to grave functions reside with the civic authorities.
For this we – the AAP – will be running the election campaign according to the model of governance that we believe in – Swaraj and decentralisation of power in the hands of the common citizens. Good Governance and Acchhi Neeyat will flow from the fountainhead of Swaraj and make people vote for us.
Below is a short mission statement which is the basic template that captures the ethos and spirit of what we are trying to achieve in the MCD Election Campaign. All volunteers are requested to not only remember this Swaraj action plan as a foundation stone for the election campaign over the next 20-30 days but to also imbibe its axioms and follow them fastidiously.
निकलो बाहर मकानों से,
जंग लड़ो बईमानों से ।
- Swaraj means self governance through individuals and community building and not hierarchical governments. The focus is on political decentralisation.
- AAPs religion, caste, creed and identity is Swaraj – power in the hands of people and decentralisation of the decision-making process.
- PEOPLE are supreme in whatever we do.
- Our MCD Campaign will revolve around the idea of Swaraj and how our policies/governance in the past 2 years in Delhi and how our policies/governance in the next 5 years, when we come to power in Delhi, will make the Aam Aadmi and the Aam Aurat empowered to take his/her decisions, without relying on venal and corrupt Councillors, Politicians and Officials.
- We will make this election an issue based election where we will fight under the issues of:
- Safai: Cleanliness at the home level, ward level, Vidhan Sabha level and cleanliness in the whole city of Delhi. True Swaraj.
- Padhai: Every child will be in school and will get quality education. We will implement Delhi Government’s good governance model of Education in the MCD Schools as well. True Swaraj.
- Dawai: Free and easy access to quality healthcare is the right of all the citizens of Delhi. We will ensure this by implementing Delhi Government’s good governance model of Health in MCD Hospitals and Dispensaries as well. True Swaraj.
- Bhalai: We will bring an end to corruption, bribery, license-raj, dog/monkey menace. True Swaraj
- House Tax Maaf: We will finish off the corruption by the dalals and house-tax mafia and bring relief to the citizens of Delhi. True Swaraj.
- Our Door-to-Door (D2D) Campaigns and Social Media Campaigns will be based around these ideas as well as the Delhi Government achievements of the past 2 years.
- Everything that we tell the citizens will be related to how we are empowering them. How they need not, anymore, go to corrupt politicians and officers to get basic civic work done. How every Aam Aadmi and Aam Aurat is a leader in himself/herself. How the AAP has made this possible.
If you are interested in joining us for this revolution, ping me at email@example.com and let us take the conversation ahead!