- Delhi govt to flag-off onion vans from wholesale markets on Friday afternoon
- Development Minister will flag-off 34 vans from Azadpur Mandi
- Simultaneously vans will be flagged-off from Okhla, Ghazipur & Keshavpur
- Govt to bear the cost of vans and manpower required for selling onions at model prices
- Onion prices continue to come down in Delhi’s wholesale market
- Govt Fair Price Shops continue to sell onions at a subsidized.
Dated : 27-8-2015
Delhi government will flag-off vans carrying onions from four wholesale markets of the national capital to all 70 assembly constituencies on Friday, as part of its effort to ensure adequate supply of onions at reasonable prices.
Development Minister Mr Gopal Rai will flag-off the 34 vans carrying onions from the Azadpur Mandi at 2:30 PM.
Simultaneously, 16 vans from Ghazipur, 10 from Okhla and 10 from Keshavpur fruit and vegetable markets will be flagged-off by senior department officials.
As per the government’s understanding with the Potato and Onion Merchant Association (POMA), these vans will sell onions at model rates, which will be decided by the Agriculture Produce Market Committee (APMC).
Delhi government is bearing the cost of the van and manpower to help wholesale traders sell their stock in open market at Mandi rates, so that there is no shortage of onions in the open market and this will also help in continuing the downward trend in onion prices.
Development Minister Mr Gopal Rai reiterated there is no shortage of onions in the wholesale markets of Delhi and the decision to send vans in all 70 assembly constituencies will remove the fear in minds of public about shortage of onions.
This new scheme is in addition to the Delhi government’s ongoing programme of providing onions at a subsidized price of Rs 30/kg at 280 Fair Price Shops (FPS) and through mobile vans.
The government will review its decision of providing vans to wholesale traders after 15 days.
ONION PRICES IN DELHI WHOLESALE MARKETS :
Minimum price : Rs 18.75 per kg
Model rate : Rs 41 per kg
Maximum : Rs 49.59 per kg
This price list shows that the trend of decline in onion rates is steadily continuing.
· Directorate of Gurudwara Elections initiates proceedings to ensure photo electoral rolls in DSGMC elections.
· Government to ensure proper voter verification and stop bogus voting.
· Tender for photo electoral to be floated on 31st August 2015; process completion by 2nd March 2016.
· Delhi Government takes proactive move one year in advance to ensure elections are conducted in a free and fair manner.
New Delhi: 28/08/2015
Delhi Government Minister for Gurudwara Elections Mr. Kapil Mishra took a forward looking and proactive step in ensuring that Delhi’s Gurudwara elections are conducted in a free and fair manner. This was done by finalizing the process and methodology of creating photo electoral rolls for each and every voter who would vote in the elections held to the Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Management Committee (DSGMC).
The Directorate of Gurdwara Elections was established in the year 1974 by an Act of Parliament called the Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Act, 1971 and rules made there under mainly to conduct the election of 46-members from the general public and 9 members by way of Co-option to the DSGMC for a period of 4 years. The next general elections are likely to be held in the month of February, 2017.
Mr. Mishra said, “It was brought to the notice of the Delhi Government that there is a huge trend of making bogus votes for DSGMC elections by corrupt candidates and parties by getting their employees enrolled as voters whereas these temporary residents of Delhi and they often don’t even have a voter id issued by the election commission of Delhi. The bogus voters are a great injustice to honest and deserving candidates of the Gurdwara elections.”
An online tender to ensure photo electoral rolls has been finalized and will be floated on 31st August 2015. Scanning of photograph from electoral forms, merging of scanned photo and preparing soft copy and printing of merged draft rolls will take place by November-end. Printing and publication of photo electoral rolls will be completed by 2nd March 2016, almost one year before the next Gurudwara elections.
This marks another feather in the cap of the Delhi Government as it integrates the usage of technology for good governance.
· गुरूद्वारा चुनाव मंत्री श्री कपिल मिश्रा ने की गुरूद्वारा चुनाव कार्यालय की तैयारियों की समीक्षा
· फरवरी 2017 में होने वाले सिख गुरुद्वारा प्रबंधक कमेटी के चुनावों की तैयारियां शुरू
· मतदाता पहचान पत्र का उचित स्तयापान हो-कपिल मिश्रा
· निष्पक्ष और निर्भिक मतदान के लिए श्री मिश्रा ने दिए निर्देश
· चुनावों की सभी तैयारियां होगी 2 मार्च 2016 तक पूरी-कपिल मिश्रा
नई दिल्लीः 28 अगस्त 2015
सिख गुरुद्वारा प्रबंधक कमेटी के लिए होने वाले आगामी चुनावों की तैयारियों का जायजा लेते हुए दिल्ली के गुरुद्वारा चुनाव मंत्री श्री कपिल मिश्रा ने आज गुरूद्वारा चुनाव कार्यालय को आदेश दिए कि इन चुनावों के लिए प्रत्येक मतदाता को फोटो मतदाता पहचान पत्र मुहैया कराया जाए। उन्होंने कहा कि इन चुनावों के लिए ऐसा माहौल बनाए कि मतदाता निर्भिक और निष्पक्ष होकर इन चुनावों में बढचढ कर भाग ले सके।
गुरूद्वारा चुनाव निदेशालय की स्थापना संसदीय अधिनियम 1971 के तहत 1974 में की गई थी। इसका मुख्य कार्य सिख गुरुद्वारा प्रबंधक कमेटी के लिए सदस्यों का चुनाव कराना है। इसके अंतर्गत 46 सदस्यों का निर्वाचन आम जनता के बीच से किया जाता है जबकि 9 सदस्यों को वैक्लिपिक आधार पर चुना जाता है। इसके सदस्यों को 4 वर्षों के लिए चुना जाता है। सिख गुरुद्वारा प्रबंधक कमेटी के सदस्यों के लिए चुनाव फरवरी 2017 में होने की संभावना है।
गुरूद्वारा चुनाव मंत्री श्री कपिल मिश्रा ने कहा कि दिल्ली सरकार की जानकारी में आया है कि इन चुनावों में भ्रष्ट पार्टियों और प्रत्याशियों द्वारा अनुचित लाभ के लिए फर्जी मतदाता पहचान पत्र जारी करते हैं। इन प्रत्याशियों द्वारा ऐसे लोगों को फर्जी मतदाता पहचान जारी किया जाता है जिन्हें दिल्ली निर्वाचन आयोग द्वारा दिल्ली का मतदाता पहचान पत्र जारी नहीं किया गया हो। इस तरह की अभिवृत्ति न केवल उन योग्य प्रत्याशियों के मनोबल को तोड़ती हैं जो उचित माध्यम से चुनाव लड़ रहे है बल्कि यह देश के भविष्य को भी अंधकार की तरफ ले जाती है।
फोटो मतदाता पहचान पत्र जारी करने के कार्य को तेज करने के लिए निविदा को 31 अगस्त 2015 तक आॅनलाईन अपलोड कर दिया जाएगा। मतदाता पहचान पत्र पर फोटो स्कैनिंग आदि का काम इस वर्ष नवंबर तक पूरा कर लिया जाएगा। फोटो मतदाता सूची को प्रकाशित करने का काम 2 मार्च 2016 तक पूरा करने के आदेश दिए गये हैं। चुनावों में किसी भी अप्रिय घटना से उचित तरीके से निपटने के लिए इन सभी कामों कों चनावों से लगभग एक वर्ष पूर्व ही पूरा कर लिया जा रहा है। यह बात दिल्ली के गुरूद्वारा चुनाव मंत्री श्री कपिल मिश्रा ने कही।
Chief Minister Mr Arvind Kejriwal launched the BIJLI BIL VIVAD SAMADHAN SCHEME on Sunday (30 August) at a public function at Badrinath Park, West Vinod Nagar, Delhi, in presence of Deputy Chief Minister Mr Manish Sisodia and Power Minister Mr Satyendar Jain.
The Chief Minister, Power Minister, several MLAs and the Power Department have been receiving large number of complaints from the electricity consumers of Delhi against Distribution Companies mainly regarding alleged inflated bills; defective meters; alleged unreasonable penalties imposed in theft cases; misuse charges etc.
Most consumers want a resolution of their grievances particularly with regard to the huge outstanding electricity bills and wish to follow the rules but, due to various pending proceedings, they are not able to come into the main stream. A large number of such disputes are pending before courts at various levels.
In view of the hardships being faced by the common public, due to high bills and pending litigation etc., the government has decided that the DISCOMs should provide early resolution to the grievances of electricity consumers.
Since the number of such complaints/ grievances is huge, resolution of individual complaints would take very long time.
Delhi government has decided in public interest to launch a one-time settlement scheme to provide relief to the poor and medium income group consumers of Delhi by offering resolution of various types of complaints/grievances. The scheme would also lead to minimizing power theft and reducing Aggregate Technical & Commercial (AT&C) losses in Delhi by giving the consumers opportunity to settle their cases and join the mainstream. Such scheme would also lead to amicable out of court settlement of large number of cases pending before courts.
The highlights of the scheme are as follows:
1) Consumers residing in JJ clusters who could not pay their dues in the past will be charged @ Rs.250/- p.m. only for the period for which they have not paid the dues. The late payment surcharge (i.e. interest) will be fully waived off. The dues can be paid in six monthly installments.
2) Direct Theft bill Settlement: To give relief to the small and medium consumers of domestic category with load up to 11 kW and booked for direct theft, 100% late payment surcharge and 2/3rd of the balance outstanding amount of the bill will be waived, if they pay the total amount in one go. Otherwise, 60% of the outstanding balance will be waived and balance outstanding should be paid in four monthly installments.
3) Meter Tampering bill Settlement: Small and medium domestic and commercial consumers with sanctioned load up to 11 kW and booked for meter tampering will be allowed waiver of 100% late payment surcharge and 2/3rd of the balance outstanding, if they pay the total amount in one go. Otherwise, 60% of the outstanding balance will be waived and balance outstanding to be paid in four monthly installments.
4) Misuse/Unauthorized use of electricity: For the consumers who have been booked for misuse/unauthorized use of electricity, 100% late payment surcharge and 50% of the balance billed amount will be waived and the connection will be converted into the correct category and/or separate meter will be provided for non-domestic use.
5) Scheme for disconnected consumers :Consumers with sanctioned load up to 11kW, where there are outstanding dues on the premises and the consumer wants a new connection or wants to clear the outstanding dues at the premises. In such cases, 100% late payment surcharge will be waived off and the consumer/occupant will have to pay the entire energy charges in a maximum of four installments. The meter will be installed on payment of first installment and completion of formalities prescribed by DERC.
- All criminal/civil proceedings, if any, related to these cases, will be withdrawn.
- This scheme will remain into effect for the period 30 August 2015 to 30 September 2015
- The Discoms shall implement the scheme in their areas by way of organizing special camps in association with the respective MLAs.
- Delhi govt writes to Maharashtra govt to curb hoarding and blackmarketing of onions
- Effective intervention is resulting in downward trend in onion prices in Delhi’s wholesale markets
Dated : 25/8/2015
Delhi government on Tuesday requested the Maharashtra government to strictly curb hoarding and black-marketing of onions, so that its availability in open market could be increased.
Food and Civil Supplies Minister Mr Asim Ahmed Khan, in a letter to Maharashtra Chief Minister Mr Devendra Fadnavis, stated that undesirable elements should not be allowed to take undue advantage of the situation arising out of shortage of onions.
Delhi government will continue to provide relief to the residents of the national capital by selling onions at Rs30/kg at Fair Price Shops and through mobile vans, till the price situation normalizes.
The government is maintaining a close watch on the onion price situation in the open market and its effective intervention has led to a downward trend in onion prices in the wholesale markets in the national capital.
- Delhi Tourism Minister Kapil Mishra cracks down on Signature Bridge Project implementation plan
- DTTDC, contractors and PWD to hold weekly meeting in Minister’s office on every Friday for review
- Status report on Signature Bridge with pendency to be published online every week.
- Day-wise plan till project completion to be reviewed and status-gap will be measured
- Delhi Tourism Minister Kapil Mishra to review individual project tenders and cost escalation; plugs administrative delays
- First Release on Signature Bridge Status Review Attached (English and Hindi)
New Delhi: 27/08/2015
The Signature Bridge Project was entrusted to the Delhi Tourism & Transportation Development Corporation (DTTDC) to construct it from the foundation by the Public Works Department of Delhi Government.
Following completion of the mandatory procedures for the Construction of Signature Bridge & its approaches amounting to Rs 1131 Crore was accorded the Government of Delhi on 26.02.2010. At present the work is going on full swing and is likely to be completed by the target date of 30.06.2016
At present, all the foundations except integrated piles of P-23 wells have been completed. The erection work of Pylon is in progress.The pylon bases, the heaviest part L0, L1and L2 on downstream side have been placed on the Piers P19.
Revised RPE (Revised Project Estimates) amounting to Rs. 1594 Crore has been sent to Government of Delhi for approval. The Engineering Division of DTTDC made a Presentation before the PWD Minister Mr Satyendar Jain on 16th July, 2015, during which the PWD authorities had raised 21 queries. The replies to the said queries have already been submitted to the PWD.
Two major Activities on Critical path are Foundation P23 and Launching of Pylon including stressing.Foundation P23 consists of 32 integrated piles, Plugging of two wells, well Cap, 3 piers with bearing and arrangement of Dywidag Bars.
Thereafter main and cross girders will be placed followed by cast-in-situ slab. It will take about 6 months to complete the reaming activities on P23 foundation and superstructure after the completion of 32 Piles. So far, 20 Piles have been completed and drilling in 21st Pile is in progress.
Pylon consists of Leg part with segments from L0 to L10, main body from segments MB1 to MB5 and glass façade. So far, on upstream side, segments L0 and L1 have been erected and on downstream side, segments L0, L1 and L2 have been erected.
During the last week, DTTDC completed drilling in Pile no. 20 on downstream well to a depth of 50m including socketing in rock for a depth of 6 m. Preparation of stool for placing the machinery in Pile no. 21 on upstream side has been completed followed by the beginning for Pile no. 22 on downstream side. Regarding the Pylon erection, Segment L2 on downstream side has been placed in position and the activities like bolting with L1 segment also have been completed for this segment.
For upstream side, splicing of different components on L2 segments for upstream side is in progress and 3rd party has inspected it. Working Platform on L1 segment has also been completed. Other activities like accumulation of Earth for placement of Crane for erection of girders of main slab is done, but before the activity could be done, the Earth got washed away due to heavy rains. Also the shed for Painting workshop is in progress and is likely to be completed by next week.
For the present week, it is planned to complete concreting in Pile no. 20 on downstream well of foundation P23. It is also planned to start drilling in Pile no. 21 on upstream well, shifting of machinery to Pile no. 22 on downstream side and preparing of stool for placing the machinery in Pile no. 23 on downstream side. It has also been planned to place the segment L2 on Upstream side of Pylon. Other activities planned are re-accumulation of Earth for placement of Crane for erection of girders of main slab, to complete the shed for Painting workshop, casting of 4 Precast slabs and also stitching of Precast slabs
The challenges being observed are that out of sanctioned fund of Rs 1131 Crore for the Project, the DTTDC has so far received only Rs 1021.83 RPE submitted for an amount of Rs 1594 Crore is yet to be approved. Heavy Rains are slowing down the progress as the soil is getting frequently washed away. Nonetheless, work is in action so as to reach the completion of the project.
· पर्यटन मंत्री श्री कपिल मिश्रा ने सिग्नेचर ब्रिज परियोजना में हो रही देरी पर अपनी नाराजगी व्यक्त की।
· प्रत्येक शुक्रवार को डीटीटीडीसी, ठेकेदारों एवं पी.डब्लू.डी. के अधिकारियों की समीक्षा बैठक पर्यटन मंत्री श्री कपिल मिश्रा के कार्यालय में होगी।
· सिगनेचर ब्रीज के कार्य की प्रगति रिपोर्ट हर हफ्ते ऑन लाईन प्रकाशित होगी।
· परियोजना का कार्य पूरा होने तक प्रत्येक दिन योजना की समीक्षा की जाएगी तथा बाधाओं को दूर किया जाएगा।
· दिल्ली पर्यटन मंत्री कपिल मिश्रा व्यक्तिगत रूप से परियोजना के निविदाओं, खर्चों एवं प्रशासनिक देरी की समीक्षा करेंगे।
· सिग्नेचर ब्रिज परियोजना के कार्यप्रगति की रिपोर्ट प्रथम प्रेस विज्ञप्ति के साथ संलग्न है।
Assembly Hall, Old Secretariat, Delhi 110 054
25 and 26 August 2015
The Legislative Assembly of National Capital Territory of Delhi is organising a two -day orientation programme for the benefit of its Members:
The programme will be inaugurated by the Chief Guest Smt. Sumitra Mahajan, Hon’ble Speaker, Lok Sabha on 25 August, 2015 (Tuesday) at 1030 hrs. Shri Arvind Kejriwal, Hon’ble Chief Minister, Delhi will be the Guest of Honour at the inaugural ceremony scheduled between 1030 and 1130 hrs. It will be presided over by Shri Ram Niwas Goel, Hon’ble Speaker, Legislative Assembly, Delhi.
In the presence of Speaker, Lok Sabha, the official twitter handle and Facebook page of Delhi Assembly will also be launched on this occasion.
The orientation programme, in all, will have seven sessions spread over two days where leaders from Parliament and Media are scheduled to speak on diverse subjects and take questions from Members of the Assembly.
The first session of the Orientation Programme is on ‘Legislature and Committees’. Shri Sitaram Yechury, MP will share his valuable experience in the first session. Former MP and former Secretary (Revenue), Govt of India, Shri N K Singh will speak on ‘Legislature and Budget’ in the second session. Shri Bhartruhari Mahtab, MP will explain about ‘Question and Other Legislative tools’ in the third session. . The fourth session will be on ‘MLALADS’. Shri Manish Sisodia will address the MLAs and there will be a presentation on ‘MLALADS going online’.
On the second day ‘How to be an effective legislator’ will be the subject of fourth session to be addressed by Shri Mani Shankar Aiyar, MP. Shri S S Ahuwalia, MP will speak on ‘Legislature- Privileges and Ethics’ in the sixth session. The last session of Orientation Programme will focus on ‘Legislature and Media’. Shri N Ram, Chairman, The Hindu Group and Shri Harish Khare, Editor-in-Chief of The Tribue, will address the seventh session. The detailed programme is tabulated below for ready reference.
Tuesday, 25 August 2015
|10.15||Group Photograph||Group Photograph of Hon’ble MLAs with Hon’ble Speaker, Lok Sabha|
|10.30 AM to
|Inauguration by Hon’ble Speaker,
• Introduction by Shri Prasanna Kumar Suryadevara, Secretary, Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi
• Welcome Address by Shri Ram Niwas Goel, Hon’ble Speaker, Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi
• Address by Guest of Honour, Shri Arvind Kejriwal, Hon’ble Chief Minister, Delhi
• Address by Chief Guest, Smt. Sumitra Mahajan, Hon’ble Speaker, Lok Sabha
• Launch of twitter account by Sh. Manish Sisodia, Hon’ble Deputy Chief Minister, Delhi
• Launch of Facebook account by Sh. Vijender Gupta, Hon’ble Leader of Opposition, Delhi
• Vote of Thanks by Smt. Bandana Kumari, Hon’ble Deputy Speaker, Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi
|11.30 AM to
(Venue – MLA Lounge I & II)
to 1.30 PM
|Session – I||‘Legislature and Committees’
– Shri Sitaram Yechury, Hon’ble MP
|1.30 PM to
(Venue – MLA Lounge I & II)
|2.30 PM to 3.30 PM||Session – II||‘Legislature and Budget’
– Shri NK Singh, former MP and former Secretary (Revenue), Govt of India
|3.30 PM to 4.30 PM||Session – III||‘Questions and other Legislative tools’
– Shri Bhartruhari Mahtab, Hon’ble MP
|4.30 PM|| High Tea
(Venue – MLA Lounge I & II)
|4.45 PM to
|Session – IV||‘MLALADS’
Introduction: Shri Manish Sisodia, Dy. Chief Minister, Delhi
followed by presentation on ‘MLALADS’ going online
Wednesday, 26 August 2015
|10.30 AM to 11.30 AM||Session V||‘How to be an effective legislator’
– Shri Mani Shankar Aiyar, Hon’ble MP
|11.30 AM -12.00 Noon||Tea Break
(Venue – MLA Lounge I & II)
|12.00 Noon to 1.30 PM||
|‘ Legislature –Privileges and Ethics’
– Shri S.S. Ahluwalia, Hon’ble MP
|1.30 PM to
(Venue – MLA Lounge I & II)
|2.30 PM to
‘Legislature and Media’
– Shri N Ram, Chairman, The Hindu Group
– Dr. Harish Khare, Editor in Chief, The Tribune
|Vote of Thanks||Smt. Bandana Kumari, Hon’ble Deputy Speaker|
|4.30 PM||High Tea
(Venue – MLA Lounge I & II)
- TRIPURA CM MR. MANIK SARKAR CALLS ON DELHI CM MR. ARVIND KEJRIWAL.
- DEPUTY CHIEF MINISTER MR. MANISH SISODIA ALSO MEETS MR. SARKAR.
- CENTRAL-STATE RELATIONS DISCUSSED DURING THE MEETING.
New Delhi: 24/08/2015
Four-time Tripura Chief Minister Mr. Manik Sarkar on Monday, August 24, called on the Chief Minister of Delhi Mr. Arvind Kejriwal at the Delhi Secretariat. The meeting Deputy Chief Minister of Delhi Mr. Manish Sisodia also attended the meeting.
Both the Chief Ministers discussed the issue of Centre-State relationship and the federal structure of the country.
A proposed conclave of the Chief Ministers on the Centre-State Relation and Federal Structure was also discussed during the meeting. The visiting Chief Minister was quite positive about such a conclave and said that it would be a good idea.
The Chief Minister of Tripura also invited the Chief Minister and the Deputy Chief Minister to visit Tripura, to which both Mr. Kejriwal and Mr. Sisodia replied in the affirmative and said will surely visit the state in the times to come.
Delhi government is ready to make a law which provides for stringent punishment to those responsible for man made disasters like the Uphaar fire tragedy and Bhopal gas tragedy.
This assurance was given by the Chief Minister Mr Arvind Kejriwal, in a meeting with the representatives of the Association of the Victims of Uphaar Tragedy (AVUT) on Friday morning at the Delhi Secretariat.
The Chief Minister requested Mr Neelam Krishnamoorthy and other representatives to send their views and objections on the entire subject.
It was discussed in the meeting that Delhi can lead the way in the country on stringent laws to deal with man made disasters.
The Chief Minister was apprised about the other Uphaar related cases going on in different courts. Mr Kejriwal told the delegation that Delhi government will appoint counsels in these cases only after consulting the families of Uphaar victims and will do everything possible to fast track these cases.
On the demand that the Delhi government should reject the sum of Rs 60 crore which the Supreme Court has directed should be deposited with it as a fine by the convicts, the Chief Minister said the government is seeking a legal opinion on the matter and will take a considered decision, which will take into account the sentiments of the victims families.
Mr Kejriwal told the delegation that Delhi government will construct a trauma centre in the memory of Uphaar victims from its own resources and it will be dedicated to them. He said the name of this centre will be given by the Association of the Victims of Uphaar Tragedy.
The Chief Minister said the government will give priority to fire safety measures and the department will be beefed up and modernized to avoid any untoward situations.
- DELHI GOVT APPEALS TO RESIDENTS NOT TO INDULGE IN PANIC BUYING OF ONIONS
- SUFFICIENT QUANTITY OF ONIONS ARE ARRIVING IN WHOLE SALE MARKETS OF DELHI
- GOVT WILL KEEP SELLING ONIONS AT RS 30/KG THROUGH FAIR PRICE SHOPS & VANS TILL PRICES STABILIZE NATIONALLY
New Delhi: 21/08/2015
Delhi government on Friday appealed to the residents of Delhi not to indulge in panic buying of onions since sufficient stock is available and the state government will continue selling it at Rs 30/kg at Fair Price Shops and through mobile vans till prices stabilize in open markets and at the national level.
Development Minister Mr Gopal Rai and Food & Civil Supplies Minister Mr Asim Ahmed Khan reviewed the onions availability and prices situation in the national capital.
The meeting was attended by senior officials of the two ministries, Delhi Traffic Police, Small Farmers Agri-Business Consortium (SFAC) and the Food Commissioner.
The ministers were informed that at this juncture there is no shortage of onions in the Whole sale markets of Delhi and the stocks are at the same level as they were last year at this time. Around 1,000 tonne of onions is available in open market, which is the same quantity as it was during this time last year.
Mr Rai directed the officials to convene a meeting of the wholesalers at the earliest to ensure there is no hoarding of onions in Delhi. “If the stock availability is same as last year in the open market, then there are gaps which need to be filled to ensure that prices do not keep going up in the open market.”
Teams of Food & Civil Supplies Department have been directed to conduct surprise checks at Fair Price Shops to make sure that common people are getting the benefit of the price of Rs 30/kg onions and nobody is allowed to buy above the specified quantity.
The SFAC has informed that it is supplying good quality onions to the largest retail chain SAFAL for selling onions at a reasonable price.
From now on, Delhi Traffic Police will be provided details of trucks carrying onions from Nasik, moment these trucks begin movement from there so that these trucks do not face any problem at entry points of the national capital.
- GOVERNMENT INCREASES ITS VIGIL TO CHECK THE MENACE OF ILLICIT LIQUOR IN DELHI
- EXCISE DEPARTMENT ADVISES PARTY GOERS IN DELHI ADVISED TO USE MLIQUORSALECHECK APP TO CHECK THE GENUINENESS OF LIQUOR BEING SERVED IN DELHI TO HELP THE DEPARTMENT IN CURBING THE MENACE OF ILLICIT LIQUOR
New Delhi: 21/08/2015
The Department of Excise has increased its vigil to check the menace of illicit liquor in Delhi. The department has received tip off that un-authorised liquor is being served at Banquet halls in South Delhi. A team of EIB led by SI Sunil Kumar inspected the Plutos Banquet at Vasant Kunj on 21/08/2015 and checked 2 bottles of JW Black Label whisky and 1 bottle of Absolut vodka. The host of party produced P-10 license issued by Excise Department and produced cash memo in support of liquor purchased from authorized vend in Delhi. However, on sustained checking using HHT devices issued to field officers it was found that JW Black Label whisky has not been procured from authorized source rather it was illicit liquor being passed on to customer as genuine liquor. Absolut vodka was also not procured from vend it was purported to be purchased. The case has been handed over to Delhi police for prosecution under section 33 of Delhi Excise Act, 2009 and relevant provision of IPC also.
General public particularly party goers in Delhi are advised to use mliquorsalecheck app to check the genuineness of liquor being served in Delhi especially high end liquor to help the Department in curbing the menace of illicit liquor in Delhi.